Quintara® is a software product that allows users to access their e-mail,
calendar, and notes via a secure web-based interface. Quintara leverages the powerful
features native to the OpenVMS operating system, while providing a secure
environment for users to access their e-mail from anywhere on the Internet.
Quintara® also includes Quintara SMTP, a powerful back-end SMTP server
that supports flexible message handling rule sets, address and node aliases,
and distribution list processing.
The list of message folders.
Quintara is ideally suited to specialty environments where reliable and
simple e-mail access is required. E-mail resides on the server,
not on client computers or devices, so it is always accessible by the user
from any modern web browser, anywhere on
the Internet, anytime. It's a perfect solution for managing e-mail for:
- Universities and education
- First-responder agencies
- Small businesses
Quintara offers a number of exciting features for accessing e-mail
via the web, while leveraging the rock-solid stability and reliability
of the HP OpenVMS operating system:
- Easy-to-learn intuitive user interface
- Fast server-based execution
- View text and HTML-formatted messages
- Printer-friendly display mode allows easy printing of messages
- Monospace and proportional-space message font
- Send up to four binary file attachments per
message using industry-standard MIME encoding
- Selectable self-copy, CC, and blind CC options on message send
- Save composed messages as drafts for later editing or sending
- Integrated spell check with personal dictionary support
- Receive messages with binary file attachments, automatic
virus scanning standard, attachment count limited only by available account
- Reply-to messages, including adding up to four file attachments
- Forward messages (with original attachments intact)
- Delete messages individually or in ranged groups
- Organize messages with user-created folders
- Powerful message search capabilities, including message body search,
logical selection of criteria, and flexible date ranges
- Personal address book services, including simple contact import and export
from traditional desktop e-mail software, supporting comma and tab delimited
- Personal group distribution lists make collaboration easy
- Mass-mailing list support for easy classroom, workgroup, and sales
distribution list management
- User-defineable 'tagline' or personal name
- User-defineable signature
- Automated external delivery of valid new messages to PDA, pager, or handheld
device. No junk on your PDA!
- Support for smart phones and tablets through SMTP-AUTH and POP3
- User-configurable date and time formats include ISO format
- Robust multi-level authentication scheme protects privacy
- Works with popular modern browsers
- No Java applets
- Simple web-based system administration and account management, no special
training required to become a system administrator.
- Flexible product support services available
Quintara is now more than just web-based e-mail. Quintara now includes powerful
personal productivity tools like personal calendaring, a personal notebook,
and a personal file share all to make your life easier and more productive.
- Integrated spam filtering based on adaptive personal whitelist and
user defined message criteria, including real-time blocklists, message header
characteristics, and other criteria.
- Safe HTML preview allows you to investigate the HTML code contained
in an e-mail message before it is interpreted by your browser, helping you avoid
phishing and identity-theft exploits.
- Personal calendar. Provides flexible year, month, week, day, and event
views, and simple Acrobat PDF downloads of calendar views.
- Calendar is iCalendar-compliant and interoperates with industry-standard
- Personal notes tool. Allows you to write and store short text notes for
later reference. Notes can be organized by category and searched by text,
category, or date, or shared with colleagues via e-mail.
- Personal file share. Upload files securely to your own web-based file
share, allowing you to access commonly used documents, images, and other
files from anywhere.
Greenbar listing of messages in the NEWMAIL folder.
Quintara runs on most HP Integrity systems running current
versions of OpenVMS and a supported TCP/IP transport layered product.
Contact us for information about specific configurations.
Availability and Pricing
Results of a spell check.
Quintara V1.9T is the current release.
If you are ready to purchase Quintara, or if you would like to evaluate
Quintara and work with our development team as a fast-feedback test
site, please contact us today at 1 (888) 456-0400.
The distribution package includes the software CD-ROM with the software and
product documentation, hardcopy documentation, product license, and support
package with one year of free software updates. Product update service and
support are renewable annually for a small fee.
Typical calendar text day view.
Quintara is very affordable. Pricing is based on concurrent user count.
Packages are available in concurrent user counts as small as 256 users.