Quintara® is a software product that allows users to access their e-mail,
calendar, and notes via a web-based interface. Quintara leverages the powerful
features native to the HP OpenVMS operating system, while providing a secure
environment for users to access their e-mail from anywhere on the Internet.
The list of message folders.
Quintara is ideally suited to any environment where fast and secure global
e-mail access is required. E-mail resides on the server, not on client
computers, so it is always accessible by the user from any supported
graphical browser, anywhere on
the Internet, anytime. It's a perfect solution for managing e-mail for:
- K-12 schools, colleges, and universities
- Internet providers
- Sales offices with large numbers of remote users
- Businesses of all sizes
- Military facilities
- Healthcare facilities
- Law-enforcement agencies
Quintara offers a number of exciting features for accessing e-mail
via the web, while leveraging the rock-solid stability and reliability
of the HP OpenVMS operating system:
- Easy-to-learn intuitive user interface
- Fast server-based execution
- View text and HTML-formatted messages
- Printer-friendly display mode allows easy printing of messages
- Monospace and proportional-space message font
- Send up to four binary file attachments per
message using MIME encoding, automatic virus-scanning standard
- Selectable self-copy, CC, and blind CC options on message send
- Save composed messages as drafts for later editing or sending
- Integrated spell check with personal dictionary support
- Receive messages with binary file attachments, automatic
virus scanning standard, attachment count limited only by available account
- Reply-to messages, including adding up to four file attachments
- Forward messages (with original attachments intact)
- Delete messages individually or in ranged groups
- Organize messages with user-created folders
- Powerful message search capabilities, including message body search,
logical selection of criteria, and flexible date ranges
- Personal address book services, including simple contact import and export
from traditional desktop e-mail software, supporting comma and tab delimited
- Personal group distribution lists make collaboration easy
- Mass-mailing list support for easy classroom, workgroup, and sales
distribution list management
- User-defineable 'tagline' or personal name
- User-defineable signature
- Automated external delivery of valid new messages to PDA, pager, or handheld
device. No junk on your PDA!
- Support for Apple iPhone
- User-configurable date and time formats include ISO format
- Robust multi-level authentication scheme protects privacy
- Works with popular browsers like Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Internet
- Simple web-based system administration and account management, no special
training required to become a system administrator.
- Flexible product support services available
Quintara is now more than just web-based e-mail. Quintara now includes powerful
personal productivity tools like personal calendaring and a personal notebook,
all to make your life easier and more productive.
- Integrated spam filtering based on adaptive personal whitelist and
user defined message criteria, including real-time blocklists, message header
characteristics, and other criteria.
- Integrated anti-virus scanning powered by Sophos scans inbound and
attachments to significantly reduce virus risks from attached files.
- Safe HTML preview allows you to investigate the HTML code contained
in an e-mail message before it is interpreted by your browser, helping you avoid
phishing and identity-theft exploits.
- Personal calendar. Provides flexible year, month, week, day, and event
views, and simple Acrobat PDF downloads of calendar views.
- Calendar is iCalendar-compliant and interoperates with industry-standard
Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes calendars.
- Personal notes tool. Allows you to write and store short text notes for
later reference. Notes can be organized by category and searched by text,
category, or date, or shared with colleagues via e-mail.
- Personal file share. Upload files securely to your own web-based file
share, allowing you to access commonly used documents, images, and other
files from anywhere.
Greenbar listing of messages in the NEWMAIL folder.
Quintara runs on most HP Integrity and AlphaServer systems running current
versions of OpenVMS and HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS. Other TCP/IP transports
may be used, contact us for information about specific configurations.
Availability and Pricing
Quintara is also available as Quintara Secure Server, a pre-packaged solution
with HP server hardware, the Quintara software, and bundled startup support
service. For more product information, please visit the
Visit tryquintara.com to sign up for a
free demonstration Quintara e-mail account.
Results of a spell check.
Quintara V1.8 will be available in April 2010 for HP Integrity and HP
Quintara V1.7-1 is available now for HP Integrity and HP Alphaserver
If you are ready to purchase Quintara or Quintara Secure Server, or if you
would like to evaluate Quintara and work with our development team as a
fast-feedback test site, please contact us today at 1 (888) 456-0400.
The distribution package includes the software CD-ROM with the software and
product documentation, hardcopy documentation, product license, and support
package with one year of free software updates. Product update service and
support are renewable annually for a small fee.
Typical calendar text day view.
Quintara is very affordable. Pricing is based on concurrent user count.
Packages are available in concurrent user counts as small as 8 users, perfect
for small and growing businesses, schools, and other organizations. Call us
today to discover the best package for your specific application. Various types
of support are available in addition to standard telephone and e-mail support,
including access to the Quintara user discussion group, and optional 24-hour